Fia interviews: The best and worst things about living in Dubai!

I interviewed Kerry from Aquarius magazine about the pro's and con's of living in Dubai as I said in my previous post here is my article: 

EXPAT PACT LIFE = THE SWEET LIFE?
"Moving here was a culture shock"
Kerry from Aquarius magazine tells me about her favorite things about living in Dubai, places to hangout and expat life style after five years here.

What were your first impressions about Dubai?
Moving here was a culture shock. I didn't like it at first but it definitely grew on me.

What are the negatives about living here?
The weather! The lack of greenery and I would say the rules and regulations at times.

Do the horror stories about Dubai scare you then?
Not really, I guess you just have to be aware. I used to work night shifts and had a couple of run-ins with dodgy taxi drivers but so long as know what to do you're fine. 

How is the lifestyle here different to back home?
It's extremely different! People here tend to go out more to socialize as opposed to going to peoples houses.

What do you think people living outside Dubai need to know about life here?
It's not as bad and as hetic as everyone imagines. People seem to think we have no freedom which is not true, it's not Saudi! Though on the other hand some may think we lead a very glitzy lifestyle which is not always true, although Dubai can be very glamorous we do lead normal lives!

Where are your favorite places to hangout in Dubai? 
Probably, Nashmi Beach and Barasti. I also love to shop at Dubai Mall.

Finally, what's one thing you'd change about Dubai?
Greater cultural integration and mixing would be nice.  

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had loads of fun conducting my first ever interview! I hope it was of some interest to you though not fashion or beauty related. I shall be back to normal posts as of tomorrow!
Love Fia x 

No comments:

Post a Comment